3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cuke slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area..
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cuke along your problem area for a few minutes; the phytochemicals in the cuke cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cuke slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cukes contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both hangover and headache.
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cukes have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to stave off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe; its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and the squeak is gone.
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a pot of boiling water. The chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown to reduce stress.
11. Just finished a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cuke and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath. The phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean. Not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but it won’t leave streaks and won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing. Also works great on crayons and markers when the kids decorate the walls.